Mobile teams complete comprehensive crisis assessments. A crisis assessment is an immediate, face-to-face evaluation by a two crisis-trained mental health practitioners consulting with a mental health professional.
The is assessment helps do the following:
- Assess current risks and life events
- Assess the protective factors that the caller has available in the crisis
- Assess mental health symptoms
- Risky behaviors
- Cultural considerations
- Support network
- Level of functioning.
Provide immediate intervention to aid the caller in relieving current symptoms of the mental health crisis. The teams may provide the following services as deemed therapeutically appropriate.
- Coping skills
- Situational de-escalation
- Safety Planning
- Means removal
- Referral to crisis residential services (if available)
- Referral to Emergency Departments
- Coordination with other local providers
Contact Crisis Response for Southeast Minnesota for help with all your concerns and provides mental health services in the Rochester, MN and Southern Minnesota area.